Would you love to organize, engage with and assist industry leaders in a fast-paced scale-up environment, pioneering a new paradigm of mental and spiritual health? Then this position as Executive Assistant to the CEO might be for you. The ideal candidate enjoys working on diverse tasks with a flexible schedule, and finds a unique opportunity and joy at the intersection of planning and being of service. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for cultivating a carefree workflow for our Leadership by supporting all areas of the administrative function within our organization.
Since 2018, The Synthesis Institute has offered legal, safe, and evidence based psychedelic wellness retreats near Amsterdam, guiding individuals and groups who want to experience psychedelics for integrative healing, personal growth and spiritual exploration.
“Our name is a tribute to our core mission; providing an integrative approach to transformative wellness synthesizing modern science and medicine with wisdom traditions, ancient shamanistic rituals, and spiritual practices.”
If you want to know more about us, click here.
The Executive Assistant is a remote part-time position that can be based anywhere within the timezones UTC−08:00 to UTC−05:00. This role holds responsibilities critical to our success and will serve as the key go-to person for all executive support related topics. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism. The ideal candidate is a warm-hearted and impeccable professional, with a background in the executive support field.
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in psychedelic care and culture, and who is willing, able, and excited to be the organization’s representative of kindness and compliance with team members and internal advocate for accountability, process, and professionalism.
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the SLT as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the team, coordinating internal and external demands to ensure effective workflow
- Manage communication between the SLT and the rest of the organization, liaising with internal and external partners on various projects and tasks
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the SLT's priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Manage the CEO agenda; prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s & SLT's ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects, conducting research, preparing presentation materials, collecting information for meetings within the organization and with external partners, drafting communication materials and correspondence, making travel arrangements, the recording and maintenance of meeting minutes.
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to the CEO & the SLT, and across the organization
- Manage meeting schedule for team-wide meetings and events, including related logistics & travel
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Providing accurate support to assure all organizational matters and processes run smoothly
- Support, including note taking and technical support during (leadership) meetings
- Screening, prioritizing and handling international (confidential) email, letters and phone calls including managing important and VIP communications
- Managing and accurately updating the calendars;
- Maintaining internal and external (international) contacts;
- Organizing and preparing meetings, (internal or external) events and off-sites including related logistics and travels abroad;
- Work together with communications and public relations colleagues for the company’s extensive external business network.
- Other responsibilities as needed delegated by the CEO.
We are looking for someone that
- Has at least 2 years of experience in an administrative role reporting directly to senior management in a global environment
- Can work on a flexible and adaptable schedule, as CEO travels internationally
- Possess strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Is Well-organized, well-structured, hands-on, result-focused, and service-minded
- Possess proficiency with G-Suite software tools and is capable and eager to gain proficiency in new tools.
- Is Proficiency with project management systems and tools, experience with Asana is a plus.
- Is autonomous, eager to learn, and has an eye for detail
- Considers themselves enthusiastic, flexible, and able to multitask and set priorities
- Possess integrity and knows how to handle sensitive information
- Is keen and willing to support the responsible and intentional delivery of safe, legal, and ethical psychedelic care
- Has experience working remotely in a start-up cross-functional team environment
- Possess a track record of making sound and responsible decisions including in demanding or high-pressure situations
- Has deep understanding of servant leadership philosophy
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
It would be nice if you also had
- Personal experience with plant medicine/psychedelics ceremonies
- Experience assisting leadership within alternative business structures, such as Steward Ownership or Open Book Management
- Professional experience working with a diverse, multicultural, international organization
- We aspire to operate with the highest integrity when it comes to safety. We acknowledge the psychological, spiritual, relational, and physical integrity of our clients and collaborators.
- We aspire to increase access to psychedelic services and inclusion, especially for underrepresented voices and marginalized communities.
- We care deeply about our home world and its biodiversity. We are devoted to reconnecting people to nature through our work with psychedelics, substances that can reveal the inherent interconnectedness of all organic life on this planet.
- We are committed to transparency at all levels of the organization, and build partnerships with people who are equally devoted to changing the world through transformative business and leadership.
- We are committed to a spirit of collaboration and believe in a diverse knowledge-based society, seeking to transform extractivist practices into regenerative practices
Who you will be working with
Take a look at your future co-workers
What we have to offer
We are on a journey to offer everyone a fair treatment no matter who they are, where they come from, or where they are located. This is what we can offer for this position.
- A 25 hours/week contract with 20 days of PTO per year
- 100% remote work and flexible working hours
- Access to working with some of the brightest minds in the ecosystem
- An international diverse team with a strong awareness of the importance of self-care
Synthesis operates uniquely as a for-profit stewardship entity in a complex regulatory and operating environment. The Synthesis Institute is based in Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with our Digital Education division based in Oregon in the United States. We are accepting candidates globally and will consider those willing and able to work remotely, provided they meet the requirements of the position.
As an organization, we take our responsibility to create a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive psychedelic future seriously. We strongly encourage individuals from historically marginalized communities (BIPOC, LGBTQ, differently abled, women, and more) to apply.